Review: The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate

The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate by Fran Hauser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fran Hauser has always been a personal career idol for me even though we spur from very different professional backgrounds. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong time to read this book (hello 2020 Pandemic).

Fran’s get out there and do something motivational style, made me want to jump up out of my seat and start putting her words into actions. I instead, found my self contemplating more so how to put her recommendations into perspective of a work at home, remote environment.

I ended the book feeling a bit more depressed than motivated as the ending chapter is regarding Mentors and mentoring events, all of which seem already outdated and irrelevant for this year.

I sense maybe a new market, for her next book. A la how to kick ass even while working from home?!?!

View all my reviews

0 comments